What’s in the shop?
- Thanks to Better Podcasting, John and SP
- Thanks to Affinity Tool Works
- Sjobergs Smart Work Station Pro
- New T-Shirts
- Paul Laminski of Canadian Woodworks
- The Dusty Life
- We built a Bench
- Spring break in Tennessee
- May be getting some barn beams for a bench
- Planning Weekend with Wood
- 10 classes going simultaneously
- Swag bags
- Buffet dinner for lunch
- Door prizes
- New Events
- Acme After Hours - Friday evening
- Ridgid/Roybi Charity Build - Saturday evening
- Little free library
- 5 Questions
- How did you get into woodworking?
- Dad was a frustrated carpenter. Grew up with woodworking
- What’s your favorite tool?
- Grizzly 12” drum sander
- Who has influenced you the most?
- Dad - Don’t build to build. Build for need.
- What was your biggest stumbling block & could it have been avoided?
- Lack of shop organization
- How has the internet influenced your work?
- Availability of woodworking information
- Podcasts and youtube videos
Where can they find us
- We’ll be at
- May 19th through 22nd
- Des Moines, Iowa
- Registration is open
- September 16th through 18th
- Covington, KY
If you’re missing us already, you can subscribe to the show on itunes. Just search for the Modern Woodworkers Association. Once you’re subscribed, you’ll be sure never to miss an exciting episode. While you’re in iTunes, please leave us a 5 star rating. It helps our rank so others can more easily find us.
If you want to find out more about the Modern Woodworkers Association, be sure to visit modernwoodworkersassociation.com, follow the MWA on twitter @MWA_National, like the MWA on Facebook or circle Modern Woodworkers Association on Google+. While you’re there, join the MWA Google+ community for project sharing, discussion and loads of woodworking banter.
Modern Woodworkers Association