Hello, everyone and welcome to this - the 65th edition of the Modern Woodworkers Association online discussion about all things woodworking. I’m Dyami Plotke of penultimatewoodshop.com and I’ll be your host today.
This episode of the Modern Woodworkers Association podcast is sponsored by The Gorilla Glue Company - for the toughest jobs on planet earth.
What’s in the shop?
- Is abandoning his shop for a tool bag
- Chris has been making spoons
- Chris is cutting a block of wood to hold a touch screen. He calls it a “tablet holder”
- Seems to think tools need to be sharp
- Step, what step?
- The Dust Collector is about to suck
- His new saw is on the way
Blog post that piqued our interest
- This year, Marc is combining his traditional Holiday Giveaway Bash with his new The Wood Whisperer Live meetings.
- Join him on Friday, 12/6/14 at 8:00 pm eastern
Goings on in the MWA
This year, mark your calendars for the week of December 7 – 13 for the fun. This year, we are looking for you to submit some creative ideas for easy to build projects for the holiday season. We are looking for you to show off your absolutely awesome ideas for holiday gifts can can be built quickly, finished easily and shipped in time to make that special someone tickled to be the lucky recipient.
We are coming up with some special prize packages for the best ideas for some different categories, including:
- Best Turned project
- Greenest project (using recycled materials)
- Best project that will fit inside a large USPS flat rate shipping box (12 inches x 12 inches x 5 1/2 inches)
- Best gift for a child
- Best gift for an adult
- Coolest tip to build a holiday project on time
If you think you can build something to fit one of these categories, we want to hear from you. Be sure to submit your entry – photos included – to email@example.com with the subject line that reads: Last Minute Elf Entry no later than December 28 (we figure that you will be rushing to get the project done by December 25 or 26, and will want to spend some time with your families instead of posting pics to us… thus, the extra days!). Once we get the entries, we will read the tea leaves and pick ourselves a few winners.
- The old man is older.
- Happy birthday to our resident shop monkey, Mr. Tom Iovino.
- The Modern Woodworkers Phone Number
- Leave us a question, comment or knock-knock joke.
Where you can they find us:
If you’re missing us already, you can subscribe to the show on itunes. Just search for the Modern Woodworkers Association. Once you’re subscribed, you’ll be sure never to miss an exciting episode. While you’re in iTunes, please leave us a 5 star rating. It helps our rank so others can more easily find us.
If you want to find out more about the Modern Woodworkers Association, be sure to visit modernwoodworkersassociation.com, follow the MWA on twitter @MWA_National, like the MWA on Facebook or circle Modern Woodworkers Association on Google+. While you’re there, join the MWA Google+ community for project sharing, discussion and loads of woodworking banter.