|Matt behind the Fine Woodworking shop bench|
Matt’s demonstration was about how he uses three (3) bench appliances (a saw hook, planing stop & shooting board) to quickly efficiently breakdown small parts for the items he builds.
Matt’s points (as hastily written down by me):
- Go to the shop with a specific goal that can be accomplished in the time you have.
- Between big furniture projects, stay active with smaller projects. Smaller projects are quicker, cheaper and keep you in the shop.
- The most efficient and accurate way for final part milling, adjustment and dialing in is with the use of a saw hook, plane stop & shooting board.
- Keep all three (3) right next to each other on the bench for less movement and higher efficiency
- Preparing for finish before joinery will eliminate slop which results from planing the face after dovetailing.
|Matt shows Steve Branam how is groove planes work.|