- Things online that piqued our interest
- Google Launched the “Communities” in google+ which looks like it will be a great place for topical conversation, like forums, and social sharing, like G+ or twitter, but allows for moderation, and for communities around a specific topic, like woodworking, so there’s much less unrelated noise to filter through. We’ve set up a community for the Modern Woodworkers Association which we’ve shared on FB, G+, Twitter, and will add a link to from our homepage. Another great community for woodworking is the “woodworking” public community. Worth checking it out.
- Goings on in the MWA
- We’ll be publishing our first newsletter
- We’re planning meetups at the various sites for the Woodworking Shows. If you want to help organize a meetup in your area for the shows, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chuck first answered our standard 5 questions. Then we went into his work.
- how did you get into woodworking?
- He learned as a boy by starting off making a skateboard
- what's your favorite tool?
- who has influenced you the most?
- What was your biggest stumbling block & could it have been avoided?
- Learning to Carve, as it wasn’t part of his training (and Making Money as a furniture builder)
- Get out of your comfort zone
- How has the internet influenced your work?
- exposes to more people, lead him to re-examine how he teaches and does things
- Videos from NO BS WW
- 26 episode online show
- upcoming project: Wharton Esherick style table
- Upcoming Classes?
- straight leg chip and dale footstool with a blah, blah . . .
- master class Newport Block front chest
- Wharton Escherick Music Stand
- Woodworking In America
- The woodworking shows
- Triangle woodworkers Association
- He’s in it for the fun and interaction
- Bermuda Dovetails
- Where and why?
- Found in Bermuda, Spain & in Chuck’s shop
- A challenge, and he got paid for it
- Chuck balances being a woodworking personality (educator) vs a professional furniture maker (teaching/building for customers) at about a 60/40 ratio.
- Next broadcast’s topic
- Join us Wed 12/26 when We’ll be talking bits and blades with Dave from Infinity
|Chuck Bender's Bermuda Dovetails|